Chocolate Pecan Praline Bars
These little bars were an absolute hit at Christmas last year. Having said that, any time is a good time for CHOCOLATE. I usually make multiple batches of squares and put them into the freezer. They normally don’t last too long as they are just as good straight from the freezer as they are on the plate.
- cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1 (8 oz.) package Skorr bits
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish). Combine flour, cocoa and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla in medium bowl. Mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Top with toffee pieces.
- BAKE an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown. After removing from the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on the top of the hot mixture and spread with a knife to thinly cover the top. Cool. Cut into bars or triangles.
- *To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.